For the first time in the history of the World congresses, a full day will be dedicated to holding side-events, giving ECPM partners the opportunity to organise their own events and to prolong the debate on the abolition of the death penalty!
On Tuesday 26 February from 10am to 6.30pm, speakers from all over the world, including high-level personalities, representatives of NGOs and associations, lawyers, activists and academics, will take over Palais Egmont, the Belgian capital’s spacious conference centre, to lead thirteen debates and workshops.
These thirteen side-events (excluding the General Assembly of the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty) will make it possible to address various themes and broaden the debate: workshops and training for lawyers or human rights defenders, research presentations, debates on detention conditions on death row (in the wake of World Day 2018) or a focus on certain retentionist countries such as China and Pakistan.
This special day will be held on the eve of the official opening day, which will take place on 27 February at the European Parliament. Join us to take advantage of the rich program delivered by our partners!
- Reprieve Australia
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Monash University
- Cornell Center on Death Penalty Worldwide
- International Commission against the Death Penalty
- Penal Reform International
- Amnesty International
- Paris Bar
- International Association of Lawyers
- Harm Reduction International
- ICJR (Indonesia)
- The Rights Practice
- Quaker United Nations Office
- Moroccan Prison Observatory
- Moroccan Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Tunisian Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Planète Réfugiés-Droits de l’Homme