3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
European Parliament Hemicycle
Plenary session: Business and the death penalty
Can business become a new ally in the abolitionist movement? To encourage this collaboration, representatives from the private sector will demonstrate the various ways in which they are committed to combating capital punishment. This plenary session will also be an opportunity to consider the inclusion of abolition on the agenda of the business and human rights movements.
MODERATOR: Maya Foa, Director, Reprieve – United Kingdom
OPENING REMARKS: Antonio Panzeri, Chair of the European Parliament Subcommittee on Human Rights - Italy
- Video message : Richard Branson, Entrepreneur, Founder of Virgin Group – United Kingdom
- Carleen Pickard, Ethical Campaigns Specialist, LUSH Cosmetics - Canada
- Nadia Benhida, Executive Director, Zino Mar – Morocco
- Emmanuel Oudar, CEO, Tout terrain, ECPM Board member - France
- Sune Skadegård Thorsen, CEO, Global CSR, expert in Corporate Social Responsibility - Denmark
- Githu Muigai, Member of the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights
- Video message : Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade, European Union